Mold is a fungus that can develop everywhere, both outside and indoors. There are several types of mold, but only a few lead to allergic reactions. Mold spores spread in the air that people breathe in. This can trigger breathing problems like asthma and cause allergy-like symptoms.

This fungus lives in dark, damp, and warm places. They can quickly grow on straws, dead leaves, walls, old books, floors, roofs, food, etc. Outdoor mold grows more in the spring and fall because of high moisture and warm temperature. However, indoor mold thrives year-round in areas a little bit wet or moist. Read further to learn the common symptoms of mold exposure that you need to look for.

Mold Exposure: Common Symptoms to Note

Mold exposure symptoms can vary based on the type of mold and the way you are exposed to it. Some people experience mold poisoning symptoms year-round, while others feel its effect seasonally. But some people suffer from asymptomatic mold poisoning (with no symptoms), while others experience various problems.

Mold Infection Symptoms

Mold infections are not very common. It usually attacks people with low immunity. However, individuals become more prone to mold infections if alcohol, tobacco, medications, or diseases suppress their immune systems.

Besides that, patients with lung diseases or chronic health issues have more risk of developing an infection. Generally, you will not notice any symptoms in the beginning. But as the infection progresses and gets worse, it can cause symptoms like:

  • Wet cough
  • Fever
  • Whizzing
  • Chest pain
  • Difficulty breathing

Mold Allergy Symptoms

Exposure to molds in your home, school, or office makes you susceptible to mold allergies. These allergies can become serious and lead to severe lung conditions like asthma. Therefore, it’s essential to keep an eye on the following symptoms of mold exposure to resolve the issue before it makes your life difficult.

  • Eye irritation (red eyes, watering, and itching)
  • Running or stuffy nose
  • Pain (abdominal pain and muscles pain)
  • General malaise
  • Sneezing or dry cough
  • Dry and sore throat
  • Skin irritation
  • Skin scaling and rashes
  • Cognitive difficulties (anxiety, poor memory, brain fog)
  • Unexplained weight loss or weight gain
  • Tingling and numbness in extremities or other  areas of your body
  • Dizziness or vertigo
  • Metallic taste in the mouth
  • Significant fatigue that affects daily activities
  • Digestive issues (persistent bloating)
  • Excessive dehydration and thirst, bed-wetting in children
  • Change in mood
  • Symptoms that resemble hormone imbalances (rashes or hair loss)

Can Eat Food with Mold Cause Mold Allergies?

Of course, when you eat food with mold, you will experience mold allergies. It has more severe effects than breathing in an area with mold growth. Your stomach will get upset immediately, and you might develop lung conditions in the long run. Some symptoms that you can notice if you eat something moldy are:

  • Nausea
  • Vomiting
  • Diarrhea

Besides that, if you are already allergic to mold, your allergy symptoms will be triggered. So, it’s essential to throw away food with mold. Also,  if you have mold growth in your kitchen, keeping your groceries and other eating items in a clean and close area with no mold is better. Check your food before eating to reduce the risk of infection.

Who is More at Risk for Health Problems after Mold Exposure?

People with most types of allergies are more sensitive to mold. If you have underlying lung diseases and a compromised immune system, you have more risk of developing fungal infections like mold infections. Patients with chronic respiratory diseases, like asthma or chronic obstructive pulmonary disorder, usually immediately experience difficulty breathing when they enter a mold-filled space. If you or your family members have been suffering from these conditions, you must consult an experienced and skilled medical clinic for diagnosis or treatment.

How to Eliminate Mold Symptoms?

Have you noticed mold exposure symptoms? In that case, you better take steps immediately to prevent mold from interfering with your health and live a fit and healthy life. Here are a few things you can do to deal with the problem.

Get Rid of Mold

If you are developing symptoms because of mold growth in your own house, you need to eliminate it. Continuous mold exposure can create a devastating impact on your life. You might develop an asthma issue that is usually not curable.

Plus, if you have children, mold can be life-threatening for them. So, don’t wait; hire experts to test for mold growth and practice ways to help you eliminate them. Remember that mold removal requires specific steps and equipment to avoid mold exposure. Hire professionals to ensure maximum safety for you and your loved ones.

Address Sinus Health

If you are working in a place with mold growth, you obviously can’t force them to treat the problem in the property. What you can do, apart from leaving the job, is work on your sinus health. Doctors can help your health and the gut and improve your immunity to lower mold effects.

Opt for a Neural Retaining Program

The brain is one of the areas of your body that is more vulnerable to mycotoxins in molds. Some areas of your brain cause a fight-or-flight response when exposed to mold. You can opt for a Dynamic neural retaining system to control your brain response. This helps you prevent painful mold symptoms.

Mold exposure can lead to several issues, from headache and nausea to depression and brain fog. If you notice sudden changes in your health that are persistent, it’s a sign of mold presence. Contact an expert who can help you remove the mold from your house and live a healthy and happier life.

Call Now
%d bloggers like this: